Thursday, May 27, 2010

Long Weekend

We have a holiday weekend coming up, and tomorrow morning I'm off to a family wedding in Chicago. Mr. Bear is staying home with the cubs.

I'm going to miss them so.

I'll think about them every time I put on nice clothes and go to grown-up restaurants (smirk).
I'll miss them as I sit quietly on the airplane (giggle, giggle).
I'll send them waves of mother-love as I write for hours without interruption (happy dance time!).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my family, but this weekend really is a mini-vacation from the tiny tyrants.

I think I'll get the chance to read at least one good book, too. I challenge you to do the same. What will you be reading?

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Disgruntled Bear said...

EVERNIGHT, by Claudia Gray. I've heard good things.

Vicki Rocho said...

hahahaha! I know EXACTLY how you feel! Love the little buggers, but sometimes it's soooo nice to be solo!

I'm finishing Wake this weekend and then, I dunno. Back to the library I suppose!

Disgruntled Bear said...

Hi Vicki,

WAKE was wonderful. FADE and GONE are as good as the first, so I hope you'll check them out if you liked the first in the trilogy.